1. Last Sunday, the Mexico team shared. Have you ever had a cross cultural missional experience? If so, share. If not, what would you like to do? What’s holding you back?
2. Have you ever had a bad reputation for something? If so, explain. Was it well earned or where you a victim of circumstance? Why is it so hard to change one’s reputation?
3. Jacob believed in God. However, his attitude was, “God helps those who help themselves”. What’s wrong with this perspective?
4. On Sunday I made the point that very often when we struggle to get what we want, in the end, we find ourselves struggling against God and His will/way for our lives. What have you struggled with God about?
5. Frederick Buechner wrote the following: “And because God's love is uncoercive and treasures our freedom - if above all he wants us to love him, then we must be left free not to love him - we are free to resist it, deny it, crucify it finally, which we do again and again. This is our terrible freedom, which love refuses to overpower so that, in this, the greatest of all powers, God's power, is itself powerless.” Reflect. Why is the choice to finally give in to God’s love “a magnificent defeat”?