- What’s the worse thing that ever happened to you? Or, happened to someone you know? Share.
- Why is it so important that God ALLOWS suffering, as opposed to CREATES suffering? Given the circumstances of sin and evil in the world and in us, could you conceive of a better way for God to save the world that doesn’t involve human suffering?
- In response to Job’s accusations against God, God presents him with a series of questions about Job’s knowledge (or lack there of). “Who is this that darkens my counsel?”, God asks, “Who poses questions without knowledge?” And then he asks Job: “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?” How is this line of questioning relevant? How is the fact that God’s ways are higher than our ways important?
- Why should we be very careful in giving theological answers to someone who is suffering?
- Why is the cross and the empty tomb the only truly comforting destination for those who suffer?
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.