- Did you have any nick names growing up? If so, share. What’s the worse name anyone ever called you?
- On Sunday, I talked about Esau’s reputation for being easily duped and Jacob’s reputation of being a swindler and a cheat. Are there any Esaus in your life? Any Jacobs? Share a story.
- For Jacob, his struggle with God was surrendering to God; accepting God’s will over his. Others in the Bible struggle with accepting God’s goodness in the face of pain (i.e. Job). What is your biggest struggle with God?
- On Sunday morning I quoted Frederick Buechner who wrote, “Power, success, happiness, as the world knows them, are his who will fight for them hard enough; but they are never enough for the human heart. Peace, love, joy and ultimate hope….they are from God. And in this sense, until they are found in us, God will contend with us. Love will content with us. God, our beloved enemy….because before giving us everything, He demands everything….our lives, our selves, our wills, our treasures.” How is God contending with you these days?
- Read Revelation 2:17. What name do you hope God will call you? (i.e. faithful one, fearless warrior, true son or daughter, etc.).
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.