Five Devotional Questions—“Jesus Cut Off”
1. When have you tried to "fit in" but it not worked and you were excluded? Share a funny or serious story, whichever your more comfortable.
Review the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch.
2. Why was the Ethiopian eunuch excluded from the temple? Are there times the church excludes certain types of people, even though the gospel proclaims an open and inclusive invitation?
3. In your own spiritual journey, has God ever spoken to you through scripture? Please share such a time.
4. Have you ever led someone to accept Jesus as Lord as Philip did? Is it difficult for you to talk about Jesus to others? Why do you think that is?
5. What can we learn from Philip in terms of sharing the gospel? What makes evangelism today different from the New Testament context? Think of creative ways you can invite people into the family of God.