- What’s the best piece of advice you ever got? What’s the worse? Talk about what it means that the good news of the gospel ISN’T just good advice, but about something much, much bigger.
- Why do you think the notion of the “pearly gates” has gained so much traction among Christians? Why do we have such a hard time with the notion that Jesus isn’t standing IN the way of a relationship with the Father, but that he IS in fact the way TO the Father.
- Do the services on Good Friday and on Easter Sunday morning still move you? What’s the most memorable Easter message you ever heard?
- On Sunday morning I said, “The Kingdom of God can’t come in my life unless my kingdom doesn’t come.” What are some ways you are resisting the coming of God’s Kingdom in your life? Be honest.
- Read Revelation 1:4-6. What do you suppose it means that Jesus is “the firstborn of the dead”? What strikes you about this passage? Share.
Five Devotional Questions---"The Good, Good News"
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.