- What was the most traumatic move (i.e. from one city to another; one job to another, etc.) that you’ve ever made in your life?
- Of the five emotions identified in the movie (i.e. joy, sadness, fear, disgust and anger), which two do you relate to the most and why? Which emotion is missing for you?
- On Sunday, I made the point, “You can’t be spiritually mature without being emotionally mature”. Discuss. Why is the ability to honestly process our emotions, both good and bad, so important?
- Read Romans 8: 18-25. What strikes you about this passage? Describe some of your “present sufferings.” How does God use suffering to grow us up?
- I ended the sermon on this point: “True joy is not something we find, but a gift of God.” What do you most look forward to when creation’s “groaning” is finally and fully redeemed by God? In the mean time, in a world that doesn’t always have “happily ever after” endings, why is it so important to be a community of hope?
Devotional Questions: "God in the Movies: Inside Out"
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.