- What is your favourite kind of music? What song or songs did you listen to growing up? What would you like playing in your nursing home IPOD? On a more sobering note, what do you fear most about growing old?
- On Sunday, I said, “Music is the language of the soul.” Do you agree? Disagree? What do you suppose is the connection between music and worship? How does singing and worship help us remember who we are? Do you have a favourite worship song?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18. How do these verses speak to you? What does it mean to fix our eyes on what is unseen? How does this help us as we age?
- In the sermon I said, “A true memory of you exists. However, it is not in your own mind. Your memories are biased by your own emotions, your own sin, and vulnerable to the possibility that disease may rob you of your memory. The only true memory of your personhood, your real self, exists in God.” Why is this so profoundly important? How does it comfort you?
- The Bible says that when God forgives, “He remembers our sins no more.” In other words, they cease to exist. What does this say about the kind of people we will be when we are fully with God in eternity? How can we experience a taste of this fully forgiven, joyful life now?
Devotional Questions---Week 3 of God in the Movies
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.