- What was your sport growing up? Did you ever win a championship? In a different vein, what was the hardest job you’ve ever had to do?
- In an interview with the Christian Chronicle, Coach Jim White said, “We didn’t do anything so special that we thought someone should make a movie about us. We were just living as Christians and trying to show the love of Jesus to these kids.” Why, to some degree, is being a real Christian in today’s culture a bit abnormal? Is there a Christian person in your life who you think Hollywood OUGHT to make a movie about?
- In the book of Galatians, Paul writes, “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” What does this verse mean to you? How are we doing as a church (The River) in living it out?
- Which person in your life has been your best source of encouragement?
- Where are you at right now in terms of the race of life? Are you running on level ground (everything normal; good)? Are you running downhill (everything is great; lots of blessings)? Are you running uphill (everything is difficult; you’re struggling)?
God in the Movies Devotional Questions--"McFarland"
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.