- What struck you the most about the movie Interstellar? The plight of the earth? Having to leave one’s family in order to accomplish a greater mission? The vastness, beauty and complexity of the universe? The power of a father’s love? Something else?
- This movie asks some of life’s big questions such as: why are we here? What’s the purpose of life? Are we worth saving? Can we save ourselves? What does the future hold? What big questions about life do you have right now?
- In the movie, we witness a strong bond of love between a father and his daughter. Talk about your relationship with your family; with your father. Was there a strong bond of love? Or not? How can a strong church community make up for this?
- Read Colossians 1:15-20. What strikes you about this passage? Why is it so important that Christ is the “image of the invisible God”?
- In the movie, Anne Hathaway’s character argues, “Love is the one thing that transcends space and time.” How do you put this together with a passage like John 3:16?
God in the Movies Questions—“Interstellar”
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.