All the Info for upcoming Mexico Trip!
Mexico Missions - March 26 - April 2 2016
Estimated per person Cost
Ministry Supplies $250.00
* Each individual student should take responsibility to raise their own support. This is a part of what it means to go on a missions trip.
* There will be a Team meeting/day where we together will write support letters to fundraise for the trip
* Various fund-raising events will lower the total cost as much as possible.
C. Location and Housing
Housing consists of a "tent city" built by us and other participating groups. Azusa Pacific runs three camps in Mexico, but the one we will go to in a place called Ejido Cuernavaca, near Mexicali (look it up on a detailed map of Mexico). This camp can accommodate approximately 2,500 campers. Trippers should be aware that their accommodations will be somewhat rustic (to say the least). However, clean water, adequate food and medical attention are available at the camp.
We will be flying out of Edmonton via Westjet and we will pick up several rental vans in Los Angeles. The first night we will be staying at a church in Southern California and the next morning we will make our way down to Mexicali. A number of adult leaders will accompany to ensure proper supervision.
We will try to reduce the cost of the trip as much as possible through fund-raising. Here are a few of the fund-raisers that are being considered. Any input by students and parents regarding fund-raisers would be welcomed.
* Coffee Sales
* Letter Writing Campaign Night
* Silent and Live Auction Night
Aside from these main fund-raisers, each student is encouraged to creatively raise funds for his or her own trip. We will provide template fund raising letter for each tripper to be sent out to their family and friends.
All students going on the trip are expected to be available to work at all of these fundraising events. Anyone not participating in one or more of these events must talk to Luke Seinen. No exceptions.
Each tripper will have their own “tripper fund” that they need to fill up through fund raising. The balance owing on the fund will be collected one week prior to departure. Any tripper collecting more than the allotted amount can designate their funds to another tripper.
There will be a significant amount of training and preparation that goes into this trip. There will be three major seminars that the students must attend (not optional) in which together we will prepare spiritually, develop the appropriate materials, and learn a few important lessons about Spanish language and culture. The dates of these Friday Night Team Meetings are TBD
G. Things Parents need to be concerned about between here and leaving date
* A $300 non-refundable deposit is required for every student wishing to go and must be paid by no later than December 6th, included with Form.
* Medical Insurance to cover your son or daughter while they are in the United States and Mexico
* a valid passport is available to accompany your son or daughter
* A variety of forms need to filled out properly and notarized. You will be receiving a copy of these forms as soon as the deposit is paid. These forms much be returned by no later than March 1st. Note: A student's trip would certainly be compromised if these forms are not filled out properly and returned on time.
* Providing transportation for various fundraising events
* Encouragement and spiritual guidance--share the kids enthusiasm and make this a memorable spiritual experience. Encourage the kids to raise their own support for their mission trip by appealing to relatives and friends. We will supply you with some sample "support-raising" letters to aid in this process.
* Prayer support
Download this form to get started with your registration!