- What is the meanest thing that anyone has ever said about you? What is the meanest thing you’ve ever said about anyone else?
- Words can burn….both spoken over us and by us. James 3:5-6 says: “It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.” Why is the Apostle James so adamant and graphic in this passage?
- Who has been the most encouraging person in your life? If you’re in a group, share some words that really helped you believe in yourself.
- Why are lies so toxic? Share a time in which you created havoc in one of your relationships with your dishonesty. How and why can lying become a way of life?
- Jesus said, “you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” What do you think he means by this?
Note: This week’s devotional questions in relation to Soul Detox are in connection with chapters 3 and 4 of the book “Soul Detox” by Craig Groeschel which won’t be part of our message series at The River.
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.