- What are your first impressions of “Soul Detox”? Does it resonate with you? Why or why not?
- Yesterday, I said, “We live in one of the most un-reflective cultures in history”. Do you agree? On a scale of 1 to 10, how self-reflective are you right now? Explain.
- What are some things that are toxifying your soul these days? Be honest and be specific.
- Read Matthew 11:28-30. In this passage, Jesus offers “rest for yoursoul”. What, in your opinion, does it look like or feel like to rest in Jesus?
- No one enjoys going through a detox. What they enjoy is how they feel AFTER the detox. Read Psalm 51:1-12 out loud. What strikes you about this passage? What do you suppose David means by “the joy of my salvation” in verse 12?
This Fall at The River, in order to help you get the most of the message series "Soul Detox", I am publishing 5 devotional questions each week that you can use for your personal devotions, as a couple or in your small group Bible Study. You'll find them below. I'd also love to hear any feedback that you might have on how "Soul Detox" is impacting your life. You can do so by replying to this e-mail or posting something on The River's Facebook page. Blessing!.....PB
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.