1. The Bible says, “the human heart is deceitful above all things.” Share a story of some who in your judgement was “deceiving themselves”.
2. Think of a time in which you were deceiving yourself, but you couldn’t/wouldn’t admit it. What are some of your BEST defense mechanisms?
3. Who or what is your best antidote to self-deception?
4. Read 1 John 1:5-10. Which of these verses/phrases strikes you the most? What is God promising us in this passage?
5. What are some of the advantages of embracing the truth about ourselves? Psalm 36 says, “in your light, we see light”. What do you suppose this means?
Pray this prayer through out your week
“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Go to someone you know well and trust.
Say, “If you knew I wouldn’t get defensive and angry, what hard truth would you like to tell me? I promise to only listen. Something you’ve been wanting to say to me, but haven’t dared cause were afraid of my reaction. Now’s your chance.” Listen and Grow.
Have a Great Week! - Pastor Luke - 780 288 3958 - firstname.lastname@example.org