- Do you know someone who in your judgement is bitter? What makes a bitter person so hard to be around?
- Of the three sources of bitterness that I mentioned on Sunday morning—betrayal, unfilled expectations and unbalanced relationships---which of these do you most relate to most and why?
- Why is it often so hard for us to bring the source of our bitterness into the light? Read 1 John 1:17 says, “…if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” What are some of the benefits of finally coming clean? (Hint: the words are underlined).
- Share a story of forgiveness in your life; either being forgiven yourself or extending forgiveness to someone else. Why do you suppose being forgiven or forgiving is always a relief?
- Read Psalm 51:1-12 again. Is this psalm speaking to you any more profoundly since the start of our “Soul Detox” message series?
The Bitter Root of Resentment
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.