- Describe a time in your life in which you let envy have its way in your heart. What did you covet? What happened?
- In James, chapter 3 it says: “…where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.” Stories from the Bible and stories from our own context bear this out. What are some of the evil practices that envy incites?
- What are some spiritual practicing that might help with envy (i.e. choosing simplicity, gratitude, prayer, worship, etc.). Is there any particular practice that helps you?
- Read Psalm 37:1-9. Why is envy fundamentally a lack of faith? Why does it evidence an unwillingness to trust in God?
- Psalm 37:3 says that instead of being envious, we ought to “trust in the Lord AND DO GOOD.” Why is “doing good” an antidote to envy.
The Poison Ivy of Envy
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.