- Do you have any fears or phobias? If so, share a story (funny or not) in which your fear was exposed. What happened?
- Of the four types of fear identified in Soul Detox---fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of the unknown---which fear do you relate to the most and why?
- I said in the sermon, “behind every fear, there is a lying idol lurking”. Idols are things that we trust in more than or in the place of God (i.e. our wealth, health, influence, etc.) and when they crumble, we are left devastated and afraid. What are some of your idols? Be honest.
- In the message I said, “There are a million reasons to be afraid in this world, but God gives us a million more to trust in Him.” What are some of your personal reasons for trusting in God?
- David writes in Psalm 56, “when I am afraid, I will put me trust in you (God).” What are some activities (think eyes, ears, mouth and hands) that help you detox fear and put your trust in God?
Soul Detox—Week 5
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.