- Have you ever struggled with depression? Do you know someone who has? What impressed you about Cara’s story?
- “One in five people struggle with mental illness in some capacity.” Why is this such a shocking statistic? What else surprised you in Sunday’s presentation?
- Cara said, “At one point, I prayed that I would have brain tumour so that wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of being mentally ill.” Why is it so difficult, especially within the context of church, to talk about depression? How can we change this? What would it look like for The River to be a place of healing for people who struggle with mental wellness issues?
- Read Isaiah 61:1-3. How do these powerful verses speak to those struggling with depression or mental wellness? How do they speak to you?
- The Bible does not promise us a life without struggle. However, what it does promise that even when we go through valleys (i.e. like depression), He will never let us go (i.e. “his rod and his staff comfort us..”; Psalm 23). How have you experienced this in your life?
Soul Detox—Week 9
The River Currents is your place to connect to whats happening within our community. Stay up to date! Check it out weekly on our App here.