1. What are you most afraid of? What is a funny or serious fear that you have?
2. Gideon questioned God’s calling. He didn’t think of himself as a “mighty warrior”. In what ways might you be underselling yourself? Do you actually believe that, through you, God can do immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine?
3. Trusting God for what you cannot see is hard. Share a story in which you trusted God for more. What happened? In what way is Gideon’s story encouraging to you?
4. What does “God’s providence” mean? How have you seen God’s provision in your life?
5. When Paul says “If God is for us, who can be against us?” What does he mean? How do we tend to misinterpret this passage?