Sunday Morning River Kids
River Kids is The River Community Church’s children’s ministry for pre-schooler through to Grade 5. It is offered during our 10:30 AM Sunday morning service. NOTE: Because we believe in the value of families worshiping together, children who have graduated from nursery attend our Sunday morning worship service for singing and worship for part of the morning. They are then dismissed to attend River Kids before the message.
If you’re NEW to The River, there are two ways in which you can get connected:
- Just visit the children’s ministry registration station on Sunday mornings and we’ll tell you every you need to know
- During the week, contact email@example.com or by phone at 780-438-4523
What We Believe About Children's Ministry
- Children hold a very special place in God’s kingdom. We believe the single most essential aspect of a child’s life is a relationship with Jesus. By making weekly worship a family priority, you impart to children the vital importance of orienting their lives around Jesus and among a community of people who love Him. Worship is not just another “thing to do;” it is an essential discipline for you and your family.
- At The River, we believe that teaching kids about faith, values, scripture and life is critical to preparing them for a blessed and fulfilling life. We also believe that both parents and church play a large part in this endeavour. As such, the purpose of Kids 4 Christ is to partner with parents in raising kids to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ and to live a productive life as one of his followers.
- The River Kids believes that the primary place where faith is taught and caught is the home and that parents are their children’s primary disciplers. We are thus committed to equipping parents to make their homes a place where faith is nurtured and lived out and where children make a lasting commitment to love and serve Jesus.
- We believe that kids and parents learn best in an atmosphere of fun, music, creativity and joy. You are never too young or too old to be a Kid of the Kingdom! For this reason, our River Kids program includes stories, dramas, songs, crafts, puppets and lots more.
- River Kids is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for every child that is a part of our ministry. We are therefore committed to living out the policies outlined in The River Community Church’s “Plan to Protect”.
What we do and how we do it in our Kids 4 Christ ministry is shaped by the following verse:
Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (NLT): “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.”
River Kids is divided into the following FOUR groups:
- Pre-school (ages 3 & 4)
- K -Grade 1
- Grades 2-3
- Grades 4-5